Monday, March 28, 2005

Pipeline Revisited



While digging through my study table pile for white paper (to help in the Sugar Free EB paper drive) I found this artwork nestled between a yellowing copy of T3 and sheets of Darna sketches. I remember doing this a couple of months back. And since I wasn't doing anything and my brother's laptop happened to be downstairs, I decided to scan and color it.

It was a intended to be an indie graphic novel that I ambitiously planned to peddle around book stores and through friends.

I called the project Pipeline.
It was about Russel, a guy who just realized that the dream he's been chasing isn't really his own. He goes through one hell of a soul searching trip to Tagaytay and meets Bong, the suicidal guitarist of a famous band in the verge of breaking up, and Vera, a disgruntled news reporter who desperately wants to prove to the world her worth.

The story revolves around the Tagaytay countryside, an underground bar called The Fete (because I conceptualized the story during Fete de la Musique 2003) and in Russel's own home.

Obviously the project didn't push through. I dunno, everything seems like a blur now...maybe I just lost interest...or maybe I just thought myself to be too ambitious to even think about finishing something as big as this.

Ewan.

No comments:

Post a Comment