Sunday, July 13, 2003

I have always posted here, aside from the blow-by-blow accounts of my "adventures" and my thoughts on absurd subjects, but also my take on the films that I have seen. My terribly detailed post on Matrix: Reloaded and Ring 0: Birthday were the first and it allowed me to do what I really enjoy doing, write Feature articles. And all I needed was a publication to take me in.

The main problem I have been facing ever since was that movie reviews require that you have seen the film before anyone else. Premiere night tickets aren't really easily within reach when pocket sizes matter, unless I would join every other radio station's contests to win those gala invites, and frankly I don't fancy going for the right-numbered caller, answer-a-question-on-air and certainly not the sing-along-to-the-jingle bit these stations are so notoriously known for.

So I set up a blog, which was a logical recourse to being a writer with tons of articles and no place to go. I don't get paid, but at least it's a form of intellectual release sufficient to keep my cogs turning.

And of course, no editors to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment