Wednesday, July 30, 2003


Last year I got into a part-timne job as a tour guide. We handled the kids everytime there was a field trip within Rizal (our area), giving orientations about the different iteneraries planned for the day. Tiring ang monotonous most of the time. I left during the last quarter of 2002, got employment over at a call center, like most of my friends from The Flame (Cherry, Teza, etc). I have since been busted.
So now, in the middle of unemployment and my bummness (quite undistinguishable, folks!).
Four months ago, the tour company (the Rizal branch, anyway), called me up to ask me if I wanted to be an Account Executive, they saw my performance and how I have great PR skills (kasi madali kong nauuto ang mga bata, pati na rin mga teachers at mga parents, hehehe) so they figured I'd be great as an AE. I was happy...for a while.
For one, the term Account Executive is a very nice word, it has a very distinguished sound to it. But then, when I inquired further, they said that the opening for AE was for the Cavite/Bulacan area.
So I said NO.

A couple of months more, just three weeks ago, they called me up again. Apparently, the new tour season is about to begin and most of their tour guides have decided to leave the company, I declined. But agreed to train the new recruites.
So everyday I wake up earlier than usual (yep, earlier than 1:00 pm) to face the new people.
But as I was giving them some pointers and telling a few stories about my experiences in touring, I realized that I really had fun.

So I decided to be a tour guide again (I'm not really up to doing the Accn't Executive bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment