Sunday, January 16, 2005


Here is a picture of The Flame staff during our Fontana outing.

I'm ripping off Newsiecat's idea for her latest post...even stole the pic.






Mervin Wes Omar Paulie Verns Janice Rachiel Red Teza Kirby May Kiko Jeramie Teresa Van Roselle Beth Fel Djerti Cherry Me Wacko Aaron Augy




I really miss these people (except HeWhoMustNeverBeMentioned). These people were my family when I was still in UST with The Flame. There were those seemingly endless drinking sessions over at Kitten's (it's an inuman area just beside Maria de Leon Transit in Dapitan)
Where the floor had tasted all their intestinal juices (except mine because I never threw up there). Bottles of Colt45, Red Horse and SanMig Lite became witnesses to: 1) the endless laughter, 2) the tears of the bitter, 3) and the rush job on the magazine issues reaching deadline.

What I remember about these people:

Mervin: "Rockstar, pare!"

Wes: "Red Bull..." (when asked what he drunk that made him so tipsy)

Omar: The Bastion of Thomasian **rt, as dubbed by Cherry and Wacko

Paulie: "Excuse me Kirby, but I have to girl..." after which we saw him lying on the floor, unable to move because of the huge amount of alcohol he consumed

Verns: Bouncing Baby Girl

Janice: "Ruffa Guttierezzzzz"

Rachiel: Oh yeah, the TERESA/RACHIEL photo composite

Red: Black polo...with white gumamela print...and the pubes-looking goatee

Teza: "I have to go, I have a cluss (class)."

May: Gilliard and the Burger King sign by the Flame office

Jeramie: Her every word includes a sharp slap on your shoulder, you must really be a masochist to enjoy talking to her

Teresa: The Kare-kare poem she wrote. I spent days, thinking of a passable artwork to accompany it.

Beth: Helping her walk along a street in Malate (outside Jazz Rhythms) while she mumbles to herself, drunk

Djerti: Blow!

Cherry: My formerly devastated sister, who is now a seren creature of responsibilities

Wacko: My Brother who now soars the Cebuano night air with fangs and sharp thoughts

Aaron: The leather jacket. The constantly present Coke bottle. His locker filled with things that go bump and squish in the night.

Lujene: "Hi!" (in an uber High pitch)...aka Olive Oyl, and the "Left Brain/Right Brain test" she conducted in the Flame office

Paolo: "Put*Ina!" (his direct translation to "Kamusta?") which he gladly shouts upon entering the Flame office


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    ei luich, van here. You missed all of them except me roselle and fel? I'm hurt..huhuhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mali spelling mo ng pangalan ni ruffa gutierrez! single T lang anoh! gravehhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice: ala kase akong pake sa kanya...bedroom voice cya kse na hindi nakaka-ingganyo

    ReplyDelete