Thursday, January 20, 2005


What did i do today?



I woke up to realize that I rented four movies from the local Video City, and all of them are supposed to be back by tomorrow...and I haven't watched any of them. What did I get? There's 50 First Dates, I Am Sam, Freaky Friday and Down With Love.

But before I could even get the DVD player running I am asked to go to Sta. Lucia to buy a Nero installer. Darnit. So I had to drag my freezing ass all the way to Cainta/Pasig for the damn CD.

On my way into the mall, the security guard -who seriously looked like Chino Moreno -with the bulk, the beard and the THICK eyebrows to go with it- stopped me for frisking. A knapsack was dangling from my shoulder, he felt through it and found my tech pens in a dark case. It must've looked very mysterious to them but to frisk me even more is just way overboard!

I had to stand with my legs wide apart and my palm on the glass door, while he felt through my waist, ass and my crotch (what the f*ck???), in search of probably a pistol or a bomb detonator! People were looking at us and I have never been so pointlessly humiliated before, while the security people tried to figure out how to open my pen case! Wish I did carry a grenade, though!

I can still feel myself shaking furiously! Argh!


Good thing I just made a quick in-out with the CD in my hand and an FX/jeepney to Antipolo on my mind. And good thing the movies I rented were waiting for me!

I didn't really wanted to watch Freaky Friday. I only rented it because my neice, Paula, adores Lindsay Lohan. Unfortunately the film was not adorable.

I can't believe I didn't see I AM SAM when it was shown in the cinema before! It's a film that attempts to grab your chest without being obvious. Sean Penn is sucha brilliant actor that he decidedly looked the part, though I really can't erase his brutality in Mystic River from my head.

Down With Love is visually hygenic. You won't see any dark, rotting images. Everything seems to be color coordinated. The clothes, the furnitaure and yes, even Renee Zellweger's dresses (or whatever they're called). The film has the so much the feel of a musical that I felt they're about to bust into a sing-and-dance sequence.

I went to Video City hoping to find some good movies. Tough luck! No Y Tu Mama Tambien, Kruh In Mleko or even Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels in sight. I couldn't even find any brainlessly fun movies like Tomcats, Blade II or Mall Rats. Even newer movies like Magnolia and American Beauty were missing.

Frankly the people selling pirated VCDs on the sidewalk outside the shop had more variety and lots more choices.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:07 PM

    I have Y Tu Mama Tambien... :)

    br0wn_c0w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    And why did the guard groped you... mukha ka siguro masamang elemento. :P Good thing nothing worse than that happened...

    br0wn_c0w

    ReplyDelete