Thursday, March 24, 2005


As part of my research work I had to trudge along to Cubao, to Mowelfund and watch a lot of movies, particularly the old action flicks with Fernando Poe Jr, Paquito Diaz and some bold actress who is obviously old enough to be FPJ's daughter.


Friday -- March 18
I didn't know where Mowelfund is, so my brother instructed me to go to the PETA office, where one of his colleagues would direct me there. So I had Uri come along and feel the joys of getting lost. That's exactly what happened, I'm not sure how we ended up in Marikina, but we did and we had to go back to Cubao.

We finally got into the damn compound. We almost froze when we got into the building; the hallways were so deserted and there was an eerie chill, we half expected FPJ walk into the room. Damn, even the toilets were creepy that I had to piss with the toilet door open.

After all the huffing ang puffing our way back to Cubao, we went home with five VHS casette movies in tow. I knew it was gonna be a long night.


Monday -- March 21I went back to Mowelfund to return the VHS tapes and watch a few more films in their viewing room. It turns out their "viewing room" was part Exective Office and half stockroom. I watch a gazillion movies. I kinda remember mentioning before about me wanting to watch a plethora of films in one sitting, I just didn't think I'd actually do it within a foreseeable timeframe...and not to mention that the quality of he films ranged from the utterly bizarre pumping scenes to the ho-hum cliches.

Batang Quiapo. Pusakal. Birador.Burlesk Queen. And Lalaki Sa Buhay Ni Selya. Pitong Gatang. Sibak. Alyas Baby Tsina. Pieta. Hagedorn. Resbak.

I was so disoriented after that I still don't know how I got back to our office without tossing the cookies.


Tuesday --March 22I went back to borrow more tapes. The limit was five tapes per rental, so I got them and I'm expecting a headache any minute now.

No comments:

Post a Comment