Saturday, April 14, 2007

Most of my friends are aware that I am allergic to seafood. And it sucks that this allergy wasn't something I was born with; it developed during high school, a time when I would be looking forward to my mom cooking up some tahong, alimasag, pusit or hipon.

I just thought of mentioning this, just in case some of my friends are unaware and would be offering me a seefood platter the next time I visit thier place. That and the fact that I just ate four breaded shrimps.


Yeah, four pieces of deep fried shrimp may be not much, but for me it's already being a daredevil and deliberately irritating my immuno system. You see, whenever I try to eat some shelled delicacy, my lips, tongue and entire mouth starts itching and, a few minutes later, would swell up. I end up looking like a male, more simian counterpart but less hairy version of Angelina Jolie. And depends on how much I eat, I sometimes get rashes and I get irritable the entire day. Though thankfully I have not reached the point of having my widpipe swell up so much, cutting my oxygen supply entirely.


So far the shrimps I ingested have simple made my throat and lips itch, spread some heat inside my mouth, and caused me to sweat profusely despite not being that hot at all (I realize this may not actually be an effect of eating seafood).




No comments:

Post a Comment