Wednesday, April 25, 2007




Summer is in full-swing and people are flocking them beaches. I'm not a beach person and so I am at home most of the time and involuntarily soak all the sun from under the shades of our avocado tree.

Right. Like I need more sun with my already ridiculously dark complexion!

I really hate the fucken heat. I sweat like hell, heat sores appear all over my skin (which is why I brutally call summer my galis-aso season) and living on a mountainside area like Angono, Rizal sort of magnifies the heat by 50% since geographically we're closer to the sun. And it also sucks that my allergic rhinitis keeps on erupting every now and then, I sneeze like four times in a row and I can actually feel my energy levels dropping.

So in my efforts to combat the heat, I constantly have a glass or a bottle of iced water with a couple of ice cubes floating on top (which would melt in less than three minutes). I would also bathe two to three times a day, put my fan on full blast and do my best not to go out of the house. Unfortunately, these things do absolutely nothing to alleviate the heat. Blast this fucken heat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment