Monday, January 31, 2005


She has been calling me for the last few days. Confiding in me all her painful thoughts and telling me in detail of her dilemma. She even cried several times, and I really couldn't fight the urge to cry with her. But I figured she needed an emotionally sturdy someone to talk to so I fought the tears. Good thing I wasn't obvious.

All these years of being almost selfless, I think it's ok to be a little bit selfish sometimes. I'm avoiding her calls now. Only because it hurts so bad to hear all the pain she's going through. I know it's gonna be ok, but I know she needs someone to talk to. But I just can't bear to hear more. I just want to see her and hug her, no more talk. Masyadong masakit.

Sometimes I want to tell her that I can fill that void and be a father. If only it were that easy.

1 comment: