Wednesday, February 2, 2005

I was listening to The All-out Show on RX while washing the dishes last night.

The topic for that night: What is your problem? Text messages startiong pouring in, the majority of the listeners complained about the thesis season.

And then on the second hour of the show someone whose name sounded something like RG of Archie texted. His problem was that the girl hehas been in love with for the last four years got pregnant, and a close friend was responsible. The girls calls him up every now and then to confide and, on occasions, cry.

I almost dropped the soup bowl I was scrubbing.

Some of the lines from RG/Archie's long message (that's probably five bucks spent on a message) that really struck me were: "She was the only reason why I remained a virgin," "I waited patiently because I knew they wouldn't last," "...yes, I love her that much" and "Naging iyaking ako tuloy bigla..."

Was that me? I was so shocked because the lst line was exactly what I used on a conversation with my new confidant Brian. Somewhere under the same night sky someone is aching the same pains and crying the same tears. Sigh.

And then something seriously weird happened during the show's final hour. I wasalready in bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about what just happened, when the DJ cues in Taning by Imago. He says that RG/Archie had dedicated it to his girl and that she should listen to every line from the song because it was exactly what he wanted to tell her.

Dammit.

The similarities are so uncanny. I felt almost everything I felt during our phone conversations. Perhaps RG/Archie was feeling every word from the song; his sadness soaring and swaying to the vocal's every tonal change, and his chest weighs down with every bass line scale,at that same time. I find that he'snot the only one, as my view of the ceiling steadily blurrs.

Dammit. Just like what the texter said, "Naging iyaking ako tuloy bigla..."


TANING

Imago

sa'n mapupulot ang pag asa
may katuwiran ba ang sana
ngiti ko ang iyong galak
langit ko ang iyong kandungan

permiso sa isang araw na
makasama ka
abiso ng pusong bulag
na humahanga

tama bang aminin na nating may taning
tong pag ibig natin
dakila man walang kasaysayang kakapit
sa bulag na pag ibig

san hihingi ng patawad
kung walang dahil
antangis ko ang yong luha
nais ko ang iyong kalayaan

permiso sa isang araw na
makasama ka
abiso ng pusong bulag
na humahanga

tama bang aminin na nating may
taning itong pag ibig natin
dakila man walang kasaysayang kakapit
sa bulag na pag ibig




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:13 PM

    Same with me.. Same with your sufferings.. Kaso.. Hinde talaga mapipigil ang sakit, na ang karugtong nun ay ang hindi maiwasang pagpatak ng luha.

    Masakit talaga. Ang kaso, hinde ko alam kung papaano mawawala ang sakit lalo na kung alam mo sa sarili mong s'ya at s'ya lang ang makakapagpapasaya sayo.. sucks...

    -BLUE-

    ReplyDelete