Thursday, August 18, 2005


After I resigned from work, I had to drop by the Tech Dept to have my email account and my employee log in deactivated. Being the idiot that I am, I forgot to send all the important messages to my yahoo account and so all the memorable ones got deleted as well. A couple of months ago, in my Phlog account, I posted a picture of her, and people began commenting on it. Jill posted the "prose" I wrote almost two years back which even included an artwork she inspired me to finish.


-

2:00 pm
October 22, 2003
Angono, Rizal


title: Reclaiming Therese
artwork and text:

I opened my desk, pulled out my art materials and started to whet the paper's appetite for the strokes and the swirls of the pencil as guided by the moonlight of my hand. Nimbus clouds were in my eyes, as I dreamt of dust-covered pieces of t-bones; cooked medium rare, before the particles have settled in and rendered it unfit for the human consumption.

I bathe myself in bicycle wheels and envision myself as Don Juan making wild and passionate love to bone-white paper to create shapes and shades, lines and shadows.

Figures and planes.

And slowly I become the pencil and you, the paper. I stroll down your plotted surface, lose myself in your alleys and drown in your puddles.

You fold and crumple.

I need to be sharpened.

No comments:

Post a Comment