Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dead Thoughts


I just woke up from a long sleep that was neither refreshing nor restful. I had an odd dream that I was conducting an interview with Naima from America's Next Top Model 4. I seriously find it particularly weird because not only don't I care much about her (because I like Brita), but I only saw one episode- and that's the one where Brita got the boot.



Rockestra IIHere's something to wait for! And I'm a little excited, especially since I missed on last year's leg, where they featured my favorite bands (Twisted Halo, Sugar Free, Imago, Cambio among others), simply because I didn't have the cash.
Now, this year's event features 6Cyclemind, Hale, Itchyworms, Urbandub, UpDharmaDown and The Dawn. Athough I must admit that I'm not that excited with The Dawn being in the list, and I care about Hale as much as I would a wart in some Chinese girl's toe in Tibet. But Urbandub and UpDharmaDown makes the event a whole lot more interesting!


TRESEI've been wanting to buy Budjette Tan and Ka-Jo Baldisimo's collaborative work titled Trese. It's an awesome work that is expressed in monochromatic pages ala-ashcan comic.
It features occult investigator Alexandra Trese as she investigates one mystical case to another, spanning mostly everything from local mythical creatures to crime noir stories.
And this is a great project for Alamat Comics, since it has been a while since they released something new. And I am determined to collect each and every issue. Even if you can read some of the issue here, I still prefer the feel of the pages of the comic in my fingers.


TRESE
During the start of the week, I made the mistake of passing by Megamall on the way home. And almost impossible to avoid was a casual peek at both Comic Quest and Filbar's. And now, I'm itching to buy both the compiled editions of X-Men: Age of Apocalypse and DC's Infinity Crisis.
Infinite Crisis

So I'm guessing Infinity Crisis is created in the mold of Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour; a way to wipe the entire DCU slate clean and restart the entire universe. While X-Men:Age of Apocalypse is the compiled edition of the Age of Apocalypse phenomenon Marvel launched during the late 90s. Although I've managed to read some issues and eventually how the entire event concluded, I want to read the entire story to know how the other books' scenarios affected the main storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment